Steps for Online Registration
- All the candidates seeking admission to the Phil. / Ph.D. Program are required to register online. Click Help tab on the Portal to view the Step by Step Instructions to fill the Application Form.
- Any first time user need to register on the portal. With a valid e-mail ID the candidate can easily Register and generate login details by clicking on―New User Registration button.
- Candidates who do not have a valid e-mail ID must create an e-mail ID before proceeding.
- In the 'Login details', every Candidate will furnish personal details (as given in Candidate‘s certificates), e-mail ID and mobile number (10 digit number without any prefix), which will be used for future correspondence, and will create a password (of maximum six characters).
- Please ascertain that all the details given in the form are complete and correct, because the same will be used throughout the admission procedure.
- On successful submission of the required details a confirmation link will be generated on the given e-mail ID, and the Candidate would confirm his / her Registration by clicking the link.
- The Candidates need to keep both USERNAME (e-mail ID) and PASSWORD handy because it will be required to access the account on the portal as well as for all the future correspondence throughout the admission process.
- The Candidates need to re-login to the portal using 'USERNAME', 'PASSWORD' or 'MOBILE NUMBER' and 'OTP' and complete the Application Form. Candidates need to upload the following:
- Own Passport size Photograph (maximum size: 50 KB; Formats: JPG / JPEG / PNG)
- Own Scanned Signature (maximum size: 50 KB; Formats: JPG / JPEG /PNG)
- Scanned copy of any one of the following documents that has a photograph on it:
Aadhaar Card (with photograph) / Voter‘s Identity Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License/Ration Card (with photograph)
- The uploaded files can be checked and, if required, can be replaced before submission
- Once all the above-mentioned files are duly uploaded, the Candidate can proceed with ―Submit My Profile.
- The Candidate can save his/ her inputs by clicking ―Save Application and check the details filled in the form.
- After furnishing all the required details and documents, the Candidate can proceed with any one of the three options available at the bottom of the page: 'EDIT', ‘PAY FEE'&'MYHOME'.
- The Registration Fee can be paid through any one of the available onlinepayment options: Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, and UPI.
- The application will be considered complete only after the realization of online payment.
- Candidate shall now choose Ph.D. or M.Phil. or Both for which he/she seeks to apply.
- Once the option of Ph.D. or M.Phil. is filled, the Candidate can proceed with the online registration by clicking―Apply. Now, the Candidate shall provide educational detai
- Candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. Programs with approved scholarship/fellowship, shall provide the details of the financial support to pursue the Program. For details, Candidates shall go through Clause C “Eligibility Criteria” of the Ordinance VI and its amendments (point 4, 5 and 6) [see Annexure- XI].
- Candidates shall go through―Clause B “Procedure for Admission “of the Ordinance VI and its amendments (point 2 and 3) [see Annexure-XI) to check if they are exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test.
As mentioned above, to check if the Research Proposal is mandatory for the applied Program or not Candidate must go through:
Annexure-IV: Requirement of Research Proposal for admission to M. Phil. Program
Annexure-V: Requirement of Research Proposal for admission to Ph.D. Program Respective Department’s website
- In case the Research Proposal is mandatory for the applied M. Phil./Ph.D. Program, an Candidate needs to provide the following details:
- Your proposed theme and scope of research for M. Phil./Ph.D.
- What are the major writings in the field in which you would like to pursue your M. Phil./Ph.D.? If you have made any original contributions in the field of proposed research then mention it.
- Primary sources/field work, methodology, hypothesis /research, questions and issues in the proposed field of interest (approx. 2500words).
- Past Research Experience, Publications (if any)
- Additional Information
- It may be noted that a Candidate cannot proceed further leaving the above mentioned entries Thus, even if Research Proposal is not mandatory for the applied M.Phil./Ph.D. Program, a Candidate may write ―Not Applicable in these entries to proceed further.
- Candidate shall also provide the Last/Current employment details, if any.
- A Candidate has a choice to appear in the written examination in one of the cities listed in the drop down list
- Candidate shall click the Save Application and proceed to check the details filled in the form.
- There are three options available at the bottom of the page, which are: 'Click to Modify Application', 'Pay Fee' & 'My Home'. After providing complete information, Candidate shall proceed with the fee payment by clicking Pay Fee’.
- Application submission process shall be completed only after payment of the online registration fee.
- Candidates desirous of applying in M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programs of the Department, requires to fill only single registration form. In case a candidate wishes to apply in more than one Program (in same or different Department) then the candidate shall fill separate registration form for each Program. It may be noted that same Login details shall be used for all the registration forms filled by the candidate. Candidate shall be required to pay separate registration fee for applying to each Program.
- Registration Fee
Registration fee (non-refundable) for the written examination is the following:
Unreserved/EWS and OBC
Note: Registration fee will not be refunded/adjusted/charged back in any circumstances.