Admission to the Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB)
The Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB) enables thousands of young women who cannot join regular college for various reasons to attend classes during Saturdays/Sundays and during academic breaks to obtain Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degrees from the University of Delhi. NCWEB facilitates the female students of NCT Delhi to take University of Delhi examinations with special coaching once a week without attending the regular classes. NCWEB has emerged as an important academic option for female students.
The NCWEB is now established in 26 UG centres and one PG centre, with approximately 32,000 students. The 26 UG centres run in various colleges of University of Delhi.
Women Candidates who satisfy the minimum eligibility requirements as specified in Section 2.4 and 2.7 must register online through the centralized UG admission portal. They will be admitted by the teaching centres of Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board for admission to B.A. (Prog.) / B.Com (Pass) (Three Years). The admission is done on the basis of merit by declaring cut-offs as per schedule. Non-Collegiate students are not allowed to simultaneously pursue any other full-time courses.
Interested female Candidates residing in NCT Delhi are automatically enrolled for NCWEB on selection of courses offered in NCWEB, i.e. either B.A. (Prog.) or B.Com. or both. At NCWEB centres classroom teaching is provided. Students are expected to attend classes regularly as the minimum 66.67% attendance has been made mandatory to appear in the University Examinations, which are held in semester mode/ annually in the month of May. The NCWEB UG students are permitted to finish their B.A./B.Com. three year UG degree courses in 5 years. The Board provides library facilities to all undergraduate students in the respective Teaching Centres. The Board gives financial aid and book loan facility for the academic year to the needy and deserving students.
There are 50 teaching days in an academic session year, held either on Saturdays or Sundays and during the academic breaks of the University of Delhi. At the Under-graduate centres, classes are held between 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
*At present due to Covid circumstances, online classes are being held as per the guidelines framed by the University of Delhi. Attendance of the students in the class is as per guidelines of the University of Delhi.*
A major advantage of the Non-Collegiate course of teaching is its nominal fee and utilisation of the existing infrastructure of educational institutions. The students are encouraged to take part in various activities like skill development workshops, placement drive for employment, health camps, environment awareness. Various cultural and extracurricular activities impart an opportunity to students to showcase their talents. In the direction to achieve a new horizon for women’s education, NCWEB is taking small, but confident steps to reach its goal of empowering women. It envisions to provide holistic development and act as an agent of social change by enlightening the minds of women through academic and skill training to increase their employability, leading to the emergence of an egalitarian society.
Admission Procedure to B.A.(Prog.)/B.Com:
The number of seats in B.A.(Prog.) subject combinations are fixed. Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD/CW will apply as per University rules.
The Cut-off percentage will be decided on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination in the "Best Four" subjects as per criteria in Sections 2.4 and 2.7.
Any student who takes admission in any one centre of NCWEB will not be allowed to change the centre at any later stage during the admission process.
The list of NCWEB centres in constituent/affiliated colleges of the University of Delhi is as below:
List of existing NCWEB Under-Graduate centres (Open on Sunday)*:
Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar College
Janki Devi Memorial College
Lakshmi Bai College
Maharaja Agrasen College
Mata Sundri College
Motilal Nehru College
Satyawati College (Evening)
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce,
Sri Aurobindo College
List of existing NCWEB Under-Graduate centres (Open on Saturday)*:
Bhagini Nivedita College
College of Vocational Studies
Deen Dayal Upadhayaya College
Jesus & Mary College
Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women
*The University reserves the right to add more centres for NCWEB without any prior notice.
- The Candidates will have to produce their original certificates at the time of admission.
- The admission fee would be approximately around Rs. 3,500 (Rupees Three Thousand Five Hundred).
- A fee of only Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) will be charged from PWD category students.
- Non-Collegiate students are not allowed to pursue any other full-time/degree course.
- It is suggested that the students may take admission in a centre near their residence if possible.
- Residence proof of NCT Delhi (i.e. Aadhaar card/ Passport/ voter ID card/ Driving license in the name of the Candidate and/ Ration card with the name of Candidate) in original will have to be produced.
- For further information and schedule for admission, the Candidates are advised to contact the Director, Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board, Tutorial Building, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007. For further information, refer to the website http://www.ncweb.du.ac.in
- After approval of admission, the Candidate has to log on to the undergraduate admission portal to make the fee payment online. Fee payment must be done within 24 hours of the generation of the approval for the admission process to be completed.