- The Admission List for the Unreserved (UR) Category seats will comprise all the applicants in order of merit, and admission to UR Category seats will be strict as per the merit without excluding EWS / OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) / SC / ST / PwBD / CW applicants. In other words, it will also include EWS / OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) / SC / ST / PwBD / CW applicants, if they meet the criterion of merit for the UR Category. Any applicant will not be excluded from the UR Category Merit List just because he/she belongs to or has applied under any of the aforementioned categories. Such applicants are entitled to be considered under both, the UR Category as well as their respective reserved categories.
- If a candidate seeking admission in Entrance Test mode does not possess Qualifying Examination Marks sheet at the time of document verification he/she will be considered as admitted PROVISIONALLY and will be allowed to submit the same (Qualifying Examination Marks sheet) till the stipulated time period, failing which his / her candidature will stand cancelled, and the seat will go to the next candidate in the Merit List.
- If a candidate seeking admission in Entrance Test mode does not possess his / her Migration Certificates (if required) at the time of document verification, he/she may be admitted PROVISIONALLY with the undertaking that he/she will submit the same (Migration Certificate) by a given deadline, failing which his / her admission will stand cancelled.
- In the Merit-Based mode of admission, if a candidate‘s Qualifying Examination result is declared/updated while the admission process is already underway, he/she would be considered for admission on remaining seats, provided his / her marks fall within the range of ongoing/forthcoming Admission List.
- To avail the benefit of reservation/relaxation, a candidate must submit a valid certificate (issued by a competent authority) to the Department / College and the Department / College shall verify the same with the respective issuing authority. As per A.C. Resolution 40 dated 24 / 04 / 1997 of the University of Delhi, no student of the University is permitted to pursue two-degree programmes simultaneously either from the University of Delhi or from other universities. However, he/she would pursue part-time diplomas/certificates programmes offered by the University Departments / Centres / Colleges.
- For admission to the programmes which are governed by the regulations of the regulatory bodies, such as the Medical Council of India (MCI), All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Bar Council of India (BCI), National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE), Dental Council of India (DCI), etc., the University adheres to the Minimum Eligibility requirements prescribed under the respective regulations of the concerned bodies.
- Since 2011 the University Administration has discontinued the Practice of Condonation of Delay in Admission. Therefore, as per the University of Delhi Ordinance — II, admission in all the Postgraduate Programmes are to be finalised by 31st August of the concerned Academic Session. However, due to the ongoing situation due to COVID, and as per UGC Notification dated… the last date of admissions will be … This date may change due to the unprecedented situation owing to the pandemic. Any change in date will be notified on the University website du.ac.in.
- Applicants to note that changes in Category, Gender and Bank Details entered at the time of Registration will not be changed.